SHERLOCK: THE GAME IS ON
(A Crime Solving Puzzle RPG)
* To stay up to date with the latest news from our development staff, you can follow our official game development blog here: http://sherlock-thegame.tumblr.com
* You can also check out our featured interview for The Daily Dot here: http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/sherlock-bbc-16-bit-rpg-game/ _____________________________________________________ Interested in Being a Part of the Development Team?
Our staff is currently made up of some of the most renowned writers and artists in the Sherlock fandom.
You can view our staff list here: http://sherlock-thegame.tumblr.com/staff
And you can view our application procedure here: http://sherlock-thegame.tumblr.com/apply _____________________________________________________
Help us populate the streets of London! Be a part of the game!
Send us a pixel character sprite and have it featured in the final release of Sherlock: The Game Is On. You can create a sprite of yourself, your friends, or even your favorite characters or celebrities!
There are only 5 criteria:
1. If you’d like your character to have personalized dialogue, be sure to include their name and backstory in your image’s caption so that we can make their dialogue match their unique personality!
2. Use this website to create a base for your character sprite. After you have your base, you can use an image editing program to customize it any way you like.
3. Make sure your character is dressed in modern clothing (We can’t have characters strolling around London in a full suit of armor!)
4. No supernatural or odd attachments (if your character is wearing something that you wouldn’t normally wear in public (i.e. wings, capes, robes), then you probably want to change your submission)
5. If you’d like your character to appear as a member of the Metropolitan Police force (and possibly even be on DI Lestrade’s Team) please use the outfits we created here:
MALE POLICE OFFICER:
FEMALE POLICE OFFICER:
OFFICIAL CHARACTER SPRITE GENERATOR PROGRAM:
If you’d like even more variety and control, you can download a free trial of RPG Maker Ace and use its built in character generator: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download
RPG Maker Ace’s character generator allows for a lot more flexibility and customization for color, hairstyles, clothing, and accessories!
If you’d like to try creating a character’s clothing and hair from scratch, check out this very helpful tutorial from Ellenor T.
SPRITE GENERATOR RESOURCES:
If you’d like even more variety for your characters, download Lunara's sprite generator Replacements, Add-Ons, and Clothing packs!
We need more ethnic characters!
Right now the majority of our sprites are the default color. If you send in an ethnic sprite it will have a higher chance of being included in the game. Keep London diverse, guys! :)
EXAMPLE SPRITE SHEET:
When you’re done, your sprite sheet should look like this:
Have fun and upload all sprites to this website: http://dropevent.com/Gallery/send481920
(As soon as your sprite is approved, it will be visible on that page for all fans to see.)
Remember, when you play the game, keep an eye out, because you may just spot your character roaming the streets of London as you solve crimes with the great Sherlock Holmes!
To stay up to date with the latest news from our development staff, follow us at http://sherlock-thegame.tumblr.com
DISCLAIMER: BBC Sherlock belongs to Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat, and the BBC. We do not own any of these characters. This project is completely non-profit and is not associated with or endorsed by the BBC.
- ivebeenbenaddicted likes this
- sllay likes this
- showmethemeatdagger likes this
- hairca likes this
- yippee-ky-ay-motherfucker likes this
- teenagemutantninjafangirls likes this
- taylorgbb likes this
- procrastinatoroftheyear likes this
- procrastinatoroftheyear reblogged this from sherlock-thegame
- seasickoasis reblogged this from thebritishteapot
- galaxylab likes this
- everymonthwebuyanewhamster reblogged this from the-many-personalities-of-levi
- lanadew likes this
- the-many-personalities-of-levi reblogged this from shmexypanda
- shmexypanda reblogged this from pandaofmanyfandoms
- pandaofmanyfandoms likes this
- pandaofmanyfandoms reblogged this from benedikutokanbabatchi
- jonahandhiswhale reblogged this from benedikutokanbabatchi
- bitcrossfire likes this
- bastilleoilonwater likes this
- sweetsandcharades reblogged this from sherlock-thegame
- tolyslaurenatis likes this
- slovenianpsycho likes this
- consultingtimelord221b likes this
- maddie-moo12 likes this
- noradeer likes this
- hatsune--mink reblogged this from geothebio
- nonbinary-night-valian reblogged this from homuzu and added:
- nonbinary-night-valian likes this
- yookapee likes this
- homuzu reblogged this from bakerstreetbabes
- rylee-bee-123 likes this
- hatttflicka reblogged this from geothebio
- reichefall likes this
- aurorfish likes this
- aurorfish reblogged this from brittbax
- theepitomeofsarcasm likes this
- brittbax reblogged this from cumberqueen
- stat202 likes this
- marshnmallow reblogged this from shaddicted
- suerteencantada reblogged this from mycrofts-umbrella
- never-qrow-up likes this
- bubuisanolifer reblogged this from shaddicted
- kazue-0907 likes this
- yellowishorcre reblogged this from cumberqueen
- inwhichfateandfictioncollide likes this
- figgy-mints likes this
- mythlover20 likes this
- yummings likes this
- thecoldestcalm likes this